Anchor / Reporter / Producer
ANCHOR, REPORTER, PRODUCER
Digital broadcast innovator with diverse experience garnered at high profile organizations such as the Wall Street Journal and the BBC. Energetic, creative thinker with a history of success in growing on-air programming and viewership—most recently from 12,000 views a month to over 35 million. Proven on-screen talent anchoring live shows and handling breaking news as well as reporting and scripting produced packages. Adept at working with industry leaders, senior executives and celebrities. Produced integrated video and online print content available across 30 platforms, including Apple TV, WSJ’s YouTube Channel, and apps for iPad and iPhone.
FREELANCE ON-AIR WORK, New York, NY
• NEWS 12 NETWORKS, Norwalk, CT: September 2016 - Present
Anchor daily newscasts, breaking news, or special reports. Copy edit and write news segments for broadcast. Report news segments in a clear, professional and approachable manner, and can easily ad-lib and banter with co-anchors and reporters on set.
• THOMSON REUTERS TELEVISION, New York, NY: August 2014 - Present
Provide daily reports for CCTV, a global Mandarin channel on China’s largest television network, which has hundreds of millions of viewers. Anchor a weekly international program named Global Exchange which airs on Brunei’s national broadcast network RTB News.
• NASDAQ, New York, NY: January 2014 - Present
Interview CEOs when companies launch IPOs on the Nasdaq for the broadcast program The Nasdaq CEO Signature Series.
• BBC CAPITAL , New York, NY: June 2013 - Present
As part of the global website launch in 2013, created and developed an original personal finance video series called 90 Second Financial Fix. Responsible for initiating segment ideas, researching and writing the scripts, reporting segments and conducting all interviews on camera for the weekly series.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL DIGITAL NETWORK, New York, NY August 2007- May 2013
Anchor, Reporter, Multimedia Producer
Multi-platform anchor and reporter responsible for analyzing, interpreting and broadcasting news for one of the most trusted names in journalism. Developed, created and delivered on-air content to MarketWatch, Barron’s and SmartMoney. Hosted live programming, reported as a “one-man band” rom the field, conducted business and celebrity interviews, contributed written stories and produced video segments, and provided media training. Acted as a liaison between video department and senior editors and reporters across the WSJ and WSJ Digital Network.
• Beginning in 2007 was one of just a few, full-time, on-camera reporters for the Wall Street Journal’s digital network. Created content that took the viewership from about 12,000 views a month to now over 35 million on-demand views per month.
• Was instrumental in growing WSJ Live’s on-air programming from inception to up to 5 hours of live broadcast a day including the development of shows like Lunch Break and the News Hub. Created and launched WSJ’s Tax Show covering all tax related issues and stories during tax season. Video content was then viewed on-demand across the entire Digital Network, available on 30 platforms including Apple TV, IPTV, Samsung and Xbox, WSJ’s YouTube Channel, and universal video apps for iPad and iPhone.
• Recognized for ability to cover breaking news and present live, unscripted reports on events such as the Boston Marathon bombing, the death of Prime Minister Thatcher, and the Hudson River emergency landing of US Airways flight 1549. Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, file stories through emerging digital technologies, and communicate with clarity, accuracy and continuity.
NEWS 12 NETWORKS, Norwalk, CT, and Woodbury, NY August 2005 - August 2007
Freelance General News Correspondent
• Researched, wrote and reported live news packages from the field, anchor desk or newsroom.
• Reported and produced packages for broadcast as well as conduct on-camera interviews.
• Developed concepts for local interest reports by building relationships with contacts within the community.
ABC NEWS NOW, New York, NY October 2005 – 2006
• Reported live from the American Stock Exchange for the Money Matters segment.
• Provided on-air advice in a conversational format with anchors on wide-ranging topics including, but not limited to, current consumer news and financial topics.
CNN MARKETSOURCE, New York, NY January 2005 - 2007
• Reported and produced live business reports from The New York Stock Exchange for CNN Newsource, an affiliate feed service.
• Customized and reported financial news for local stations nationwide including CNN Radio.
WABC-TV, ABCNewsOne, WLS-TV, KPRC-TV and WSYX-TV, New York, NY June 2004 – October 2004
• Reported live daily business reports for WABC-TV’s Eyewitness News This Morning, WLS-TV, KPRC-TV and WSYX-TV from the American Stock Exchange covering top stories, market numbers and equity markets.
• Provided news reports for ABC NewsOne, a national affiliate news feed. Reports included in-depth analysis of top business stories, economic reports and closing market numbers.
BUSINESSWEEK TELEVISION NEWS, New York, NY September 2000- December 2004
• Segment reporter for BusinessWeek MoneyTalks, a nationally syndicated weekly personal finance show.
• Researched, wrote and reported on the “Developments to Watch” segment featuring the latest in high end technology products.
• Covered versatile topics including business and general news reporting as well as fashion and travel segments.
WILLIAMS ENERGY NEWS LIVE, New York, NY September 2000 – January 2003
• Primary anchor/reporter for the New York bureau for Williams Energy News Live webcast.
• Reported live blocks from “Ground Zero” as the terrorist attacks were unfolding on 9/11.
• Generated lead stories for a comprehensive news program covering the energy industry.
• Interviewed energy traders and top executives at energy companies.
• Certificate, News Production and Broadcasting, New York University, New York, NY
• BA, History and Spanish Studies, Trinity College, Hartford, CT
copyright TALENTapes, Inc 2010